CE Education Travel Policies Consultation
Cheshire East Council is consulting about changes to its Education Travel Policies. If you are currently in receipt of school transport, it is important that you are aware of the proposed changes and have an opportunity to have your say.
You can access the consultation on line at www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/consultation or for a paper copy contact 0300 123 5012.
The consultation runs from 18th October to 6th December 2017.
In summary, the proposed changes will mean that the Council has sought to have;
- a suite of policy documents that provide greater clarity
- complied with statutory travel requirements and the removed discretionary travel;
- met the assessed needs of children
- provided sustainable travel arrangements to school
- provided travel assistance through the lowest cost option
- introduced a clear behaviour policy with clear escalation and sanctions
- a process for Appeals and Complaints which includes information for interested parties about the justification for appeal, the procedure at appeal hearings and timescales involved to ensure clarity of process and consistency of application
More detailed information is available on the Council’s website and can be accessed by clicking the link below.