Salary: Leadership Pay Scale
L22– L28 (£74,283 - £86,040)
Required: September 2023
The Governors are seeking to appoint a committed and practising Catholic who is enthusiastic, shares our vision, ethos and passion for the role of education in transforming lives. Who can drive school improvement, enthuse staff, is innovative, dedicated and a highly skilled and effective leader.
The appointed candidate will:
- Be a practising Catholic, who will strive to uphold and develop strong spiritual and moral values throughout the whole school and wider community.
- Be a highly collaborative strategic leader with an ability to engage with a range of internal and external partners to further enhance school improvement.
- Be an inspirational leader with a clear vision for the future of the school, building on its current success.
- Be committed to professional development for self and others.
- Lead by example, with a ‘can-do’ attitude that inspires commitment from pupils, staff and the local community.
- Place great importance on high quality pastoral care and support enabling all to reach their potential.
- Have unrelenting drive to ensure all pupils achieve and a continuous focus on narrowing the gap.
- Have a proven track record of raising standards in teaching and learning, resulting in measurable whole school improvement, within an aspirational, caring and accountable ethos.
- Be aware of the wider educational landscape and the challenges this brings in terms of finance and change, including the multi academy trust agenda.
We can offer you:
- A positive and caring ethos based on the values of the Catholic faith;
- A commitment to support your professional development;
- The opportunity to work with pupils who are eager to learn and progress;
- Staff who are supportive, committed to their own professional development and to improving outcomes for the pupils.
We are a friendly and caring community placing the academic progress and welfare of our pupils at the heart of everything we do. Professional development is key to our ongoing success and so offer a variety of opportunities for professional development.
For further information and application details please see below or email:
Mrs Catherine McGlone – PA to Headteacher & HR Manager
Visits to the school by prospective candidates are warmly welcomed by appointment.
Please contact Mrs Catherine McGlone by e-mail to arrange a suitable time.
Completed applications should be returned by 10am on Friday 28th April 2023 by email to
Julie English, PA to the Director of Schools - Julie.English@dioceseofshrewsbury.org
Short-listed candidates will be notified by email and by telephone on Friday 5th May 2023.
Requests for references will be made on the same day.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 11th and Friday 12th May 2023
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place.
Headteacher Application Pack
Leadership Staff Application Form
Consent to Obtain References Form
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act Form