Friends of St Thomas More
In 2019 STM celebrated receiving The Leading Partnership Award highlighting our increased parental involvement in school life. Our outstanding and sustainable programme for pastoral engagement including improved pupil progress, punctuality, attendance and behaviour.
What our parents/carers value about St Thomas More Catholic High School
‘Pupil behaviour outside school – seen as well dressed and polite’
‘Teachers know all pupils’
‘Focus not just on education, but also on growing personalities’
‘Encouragement to show human values and behaviours’
‘Friendly welcome in reception’
‘Excellent pastoral approach centred around the individual child’
Our Parent school vision for St Thomas More
A place where our child enjoys learning, is happy, challenged, recognised, has opportunities, events, rewards and faith. We want the school to help our children to learn to the very best of their ability, have opportunities to grow as a person and to be ready to further their experiences within the community after they leave the school.
We think it important for all staff to know the children so that they all have the opportunity to shine and be successful.
Support and engage with the school in helping their son/daughter to be confident, brilliant young people who are an asset to the community.
Be with the school from start to finish – flourish in the five years that they are with us.
To engage in community events – attend and become a part of the wider community.
Build trust and help to promote the school.
The strengths identified during the recent LPPA verification process were:
- Show My Homework enables a parent to support learning at home
- Attendance ambassadors – using pupils to provide peer support to improve attendance and promoting the importance of good attendance to parents
- Regular sharing of subject books with parents to monitor their child’s progress and to add their perspective of FAR marking policy.
- User friendly communication to parents including letters to parents noting individual successes
- Well established systems to gain parents and governor perspectives to inform school developments.
- Strong art/drama focus within the community (Crewe Out Loud) to promote the school within the Crewe area and Shakespeare at Year 7 to celebrate with parents student’s achievements.
We are constantly looking at ways to support and develop the links between school, pupils and parents. One of our key focus is to explore ways that we can all work together on the learning that takes place in school and then at home. This is about the school sharing best practice so that Parents are empowered to support the work being done.
Achieving the LPPA award is not the end of the process, it is a great starting point for the work that we will do in the future. If you would like to be involved in this process and become part of the Parental Engagement group, then please get in touch
Ofsted parent view
We encourage all of our parents to use the Ofsted Parent View toolkit. This allows you to leave feedback about the school directly to Ofsted.