Continuous Professional Development and Formation
At St Thomas More we value the continued development and learning of our staff. Our Continuous Professional Development and Formation programme allows staff to continue with training needs throughout the year. Staff are encouraged to continue their training using external providers. We currently have staff who are completing the following courses:
- NPQH (National Professional Qualification for Headship)
- NPQSL (National Professional Qualification for Senior Leadership)
- NPQML (The National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership)
- CMLP (Catholic Middle Leadership Programme)
- NQT (Newly Qualified teacher)
- RQT (Recently Qualified Teacher)
Staff also access courses such as first aid, health and safety, networking meetings, Chimney House Alliance groups, Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND), Wellbeing, Exam board training and specific departmental subject training.
Staff at St Thomas More have a full calendar of CPDF throughout the year. We train most Wednesdays until 5pm where bespoke needs to our school are put together, mostly using our own staff expertise and sharing across departments. This calendar of training includes our Quality of Education (QOED) groups, who meet at regular intervals throughout the year. These groups are split into the following:
- Curriculum Leaders
- Progress Leaders
- Catholic Social Teaching and Learning
- Behaviour for Learning
- Teaching and Learning
Non Curriculum Leaders or Progress Leaders all opt for the group of their choice to support their interest.
All CPDF is valued and our staff thrive on working together in teams and moving forward, sharing ideas for development.